September 5, 2012 STURBRIDGE
- September 5 Sturbridge Auction
- Preview: September 5, 2012 - Starting at 1 PM
- Sturbridge Host Hotel & Conference Center
- Sturbridge, Massachusetts
Our September 5 specialty fashion and textile auction again will take place during Antique Market Week at Brimfield. Our New England location at the Sturbridge Host Hotel is six miles east of the Brimfield antique fields and about an hour from Boston’s Logan Airport (BOS) or Hartford, CT's Bradley Airport (BDL). Our September sale in the Host Hotel ballroom will be held rain or shine. Mention Augusta Auctions when booking your rooms to receive a courtesy discount for your accommodations.
We are sorry but ABSENTEE, PHONE & INTERNET bidding options WILL NOT be available for our Massachusetts sales.
To be Sold
- MENS: Daywear, collarless shirts & bespoke suits made for US Ambassador, outerwear, work clothes, vests, WWII FLIGHT COVERALLS, etc.
- WOMENS: 19th C. evening & day wear, bustle dresses, 20th C. beaded, brocade, lame dresses & jackets, lace tea gowns, Victorian whites, fan & beaded bag collections, shoes, hats, & bonnets, Georgian & Victorian mourning jewelry, misers purses, 20th C designer garments.
- CHILDRENS: Christening gowns, 19th C. girls & boys day wear, bustle dresses and embroidered white dresses
- TEXTILES: 19th - early 20th C. quilts and quilt tops, wool paisley shawls, silk ribbons, collection of fine table & bed linens, +------Normandy spreads, jacquard coverlets, silk & lace shawls, quantities of fine laces & more.
Our STURBRIDGE CATALOG SALES feature large trade and collector lots that are guaranteed to please every serious fashion and textile collector. The sale promises treasures from renowned museum collections and will be auctioned well into the evening. Surprises and bargains guaranteed!.
These rare objects have been hidden away for decades in the storage facilities of many legendary American museums: The Brooklyn Museum (NY), Museum of the City of New York, the Strong Museum (NY) a large New England historical society, Ohio State University, The Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (CA) and more. These amazing collections, as well as selections from other institutions, estates and private consignors will be sold to the highest bidder, free of any minimum bids or reserves. Bargains are guaranteed.
Our sale begins at 4pm on September 5 - just as the Brimfield Antique fields are winding down for the day. There will be an opportunity to preview all of the catalog lots on Wednesday beginning at 1PM
The CATALOG sale will start promptly at 4PM on Wednesday September 5th with more than 400 collector and trade lots on display. Because of the volume of fashion and textile objects that have to be sold, there will be NO PHONE, INTERNET or ABSENTEE BIDDING. You MUST ATTEND in person to view and bid on these lots. NO MINIMUM BIDS & NO RESERVE PRICES. EVERYTHING WILL SELL on September 5th.
Internet, phone and absentee bidding will return for our November 14 NYC sale.
Click Search Lots & Photos above to find descriptions of September 5 catalog lots posted in the order of sale. There is so much in our warehouse that we'll be adding lots right up to sale week.
Type in any search term or era and view available lots in our searchable web catalog. Photos are included to provide a sampling of the variety of lots that will be offered. Most lots won't be photographed because bidders are able to preview and fully inspect everything before bidding. Again, all bidders must be in attendance to preview/bid at this sale.
Clothing, accessories & textiles are grouped into large trade & collector lots and have been out of public view for decades. These sales are the absolute best way to stock your vintage store, amass inventory for your web-based business or fill up your closet with unique and wonderful vintage treasures.
We hope to see you in September at our Sturbridge location for this important 1-day vintage sale.